Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Danish cartoons and the Islamic overreaction.

I refer to the recent spate of gratuitous violence that has been sparked by a couple of cartoons in Danish newspapers. It really confirms that Muslims will do anything to kick up a fuss with feigned righteousneess.
While they deem satire to be offensive enough to incite riots and violence, they conveniently ignore the countless videos of decapitation of non-Muslim prisoners disseminated by Islamic fundamentalists.
We all remember that every prisoner in Iraq met a bloody fate that was carefully documented and widely disseminated.
From any perspective, the beheading of an innocent prisoner videotaped with the intention of horrifying the Western world is far more radical than satire, especially in the form of a cartoon.
I would like to see the reaction of the Arab world had the videos been taped by anyone else and showing the beheading of a Muslim. I really hate contemplating the outcome of the reverse of this situation.

No comments: