Monday, January 17, 2005

Newsworthy?

Food for thought.

Follow that link and have a long and hard thought about the gradual changes that have happened to you but that you haven't been slow enough to notice. Gradual in terms of the rate that governs your life. Rapid in all other terms.

Black on white has changed in terms of true credibility but retained far too much credulity. The rift widens as the ease with which we can submit bollocks to the web increases.

As we increasingly refer to blogs and other posts for information, the line that divides news from opinion blurs. How many times do we quote a 'friend' during a conversation without stopping to think that we have never seen this 'friend's' face. Nor do we know his real name for that matter.

I am not predicting the doom of truth, nor am I undermining the value of opinion. I am urging all to raise the bar, to contribute towards their own personal quality in the hope that this will be reflected in the quality of their output.

Blog for the ages. Remember that a blog is for life, not just for Christmas.

No comments: